: MYSQL & Microsoft SQL administrator
: 5+ Years
- Research, install, create, administer, monitor, troubleshoot, document, and maintain enterprise databases to ensure maximum availability of mission critical systems and applications.
- Plan, build and execute multiple detailed database projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Work with customer and unix/windows administrators/storage architects to optimize data mapping across centralized enterprise storage management architectures
- Maintain and support internal and customer databases in a 7 x 24 production environment
- Document all aspects of the database administration function including but not limited to best practices, job related white papers, and database standards/architecture
- Interface with other central IT organizations to improve and implement process, procedures and automation.
- Provide technical recommendations and mentoring
- Strong knowledge of MySQL Database Tuning .
- Demonstrated, in-depth knowledge of database internals and data structures
- Strong knowledge of SQL/SQL*Plus and strong understanding of PL/SQL and stored procedures/pkgs.
- Strong Knowledge of Database Backup and recovery.
- Strong knowledge of Unix shell or Perl scripting languages.
- Expert technical design, performance tuning and troubleshooting skills.
- Advanced communications skills, including listening, written, spoken, presentation and influencing.
- Advanced time management and organizational skills.
- Expert ability to exercise independent judgment and critical thinking.
- Knowledge of and experience with the ITIL Framework.
- Work with customer and Unix/windows/storage admins to optimize data mapping across centralized enterprise storage management architectures
- Certified MySQL DBA is plus.
- Experience with other database technologies like Oracle and DB2 experience is a plus.
: Long Term
: San Jose, CA