: SQL Server DBA
(Yrs) : 8+ Years
: SQL Certification
- Lead data modeling and database design for application development and product implementation initiatives.
- Participate in requirements definition, analysis and design.
- Create conceptual/logical/physical models for custom application development, data exchange, integration services and reporting.
- Work closely with business analysts, subject matter experts and development teams in design, development, testing, implementation, and support of application projects.
- Develop, review and optimize SQL/T-SQL code.
- Facilitate creation, migration and maintenance of database objects across development/QA/ production environments.
- Perform data model management and version control using industry standard tools like ERwin and ER/Studio.
- Follow best practices in data modeling including use of standard naming conventions, processes and templates to ensure consistency of data models.
- Monitor and optimize database performance and capacity utilization to provide high availability and redundancy.
- Take ownership of database performance, scalability and security.
- Reverse engineer and document database architecture for business-critical legacy databases.
- Define data strategies and architectures to meet compliance requirements.
- Identify and plan data replication needs between internal/external data sources and heterogeneous/ legacy platforms.
- Collaborate with service DBAs to optimize data structures for data integration and reporting.
- Define and implement data testing strategies with business stakeholders, application development teams and QA groups.
- Participate in the software testing process, including identification and resolution of defects. * Contribute to and support roll-out strategies.
- Participate in and contribute to formal/informal technical reviews and presentations.
- Understand other database platforms like Oracle, MySQL and IBM DB2.
- Understand high level application architecture/design, network design, performance constraints and security frameworks.
- Apply technical knowledge to determine solutions and solve complex problems.
- Research, present and/or make recommendations on technical issues.
- Explore new ideas and initiatives that encourage innovation.
- Take inputs from reporting manager(s) and appropriately apply comments/feedback.
- Accurately predicts time required to complete development tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results.
- Proactively initiate, develop, and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
- Mentor and guide development team members on database-related tasks.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent, in a technology related field or other degree preferred.
- 8-10 years of expertise in MS-SQL Server database administration, utilities and tools.
- 6-8 years of application data modeling experience using tools like ERwin or ER/Studio.
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator or equivalent certification in database development and management.
- Proficiency in supporting SQL Server 2005/2008 databases in high availability environments with intimate knowledge of both SQL and T-SQL.
- Demonstrated knowledge of designing, developing and integrating databases, data warehouses and multidimensional databases in MS-SQL Server.
- Working knowledge on cross-platform databases like MySQL/Oracle/DB2.
- Ability to write and optimize complex SQL queries, procedures and functions.
- Familiarity with BIDS (SSRS, SSAS, SSIS) and data warehousing concepts like ETL, Dimensions, Facts, Cubes.
- Experience with database replication techniques.
- Ability to perform both database-level and operating system performance tuning and monitoring.
- Knowledge of SQL Server backup and recovery scenarios.
- Proficiency in SQL Server security management.
- Experience in code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of the development life cycle.
- Ability to design databases according to industry standards and make tuning recommendations.
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Good communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Team player who can establish excellent working relationships with peers and other teams.
- Ability to work on multiple projects as team lead or team member.
- Ability to understand business requirements and estimate for delivery commitments.
- Utilize application development environments, tools and methodologies across multiple platforms.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Applications.
- Technically proficient in more than one language and platform.
- Familiarity with public/private cloud-based database implementations.
- Familiarity with Open Source database initiatives.
- Experience in replication between Mainframe systems and relational databases.
- Experiences with database-level encryption technologies.
- Experience with high availability features such as clustering and mirroring.
- Prior experience with database server installations and configurations.
- Strong object-oriented analysis, design and programming skills.
- Expertise in Microsoft .NET web application development.
- Experience involving all phases of the Software Development Life cycle.
- Experience with version control and release management principles.
- Prior experience in federal/state/local government projects.
: Long Term
: New York, NY